Shrimp Tacos with Boom Boom Sauce


We are still experiencing warm weather here. I keep hoping it will cool down but it just hasn't abated yet. So, with my fall casseroles on hold I have continued to crank out summer dishes in order to keep the heat down in the house. One of the recent recipes I've tried are these shrimp tacos. Now I know what you're thinking but it's not the shrimp taco part that makes this dish awesome... it's the boom boom sauce.


The original recipe for this called for frozen breaded shrimp. I wanted something a little bit on the lighter side. Plus, I already had raw shrimp on hand. I honestly don't think it made much of a difference. So, if you have a bag of frozen breaded shrimp in your freezer, by all means use it. Like I said before, what makes the tacos delicious is the sauce. Since making these tacos I've come to the conclusion that I will always have a little container of this sauce on hand. The best part about this whole thing is that you can make it however you want to. You can swap out the shrimp to fresh grilled shrimp like I did, you can add more veggies to the taco, you can even tweak the sauce a bit. We like our food with a little spice in it so I added more Sriracha sauce than the recipe calls for. ;)






recipe adapted from It's a Keeper



Shrimp Tacos
  • 1 1/2 cup peeled and deveined shrimp
  • 8 soft flour taco shells
  • 2 cups shredded cabbage (or prepackaged coleslaw mix)
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • Boom Boom Sauce (recipe below)
Boom Boom Sauce
  • ¼ cup mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp ketchup
  • 1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • ¾ tsp Sriracha
 

  1. Mix all the ingredients for the Boom Boom sauce and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. 
  2. Brush the shrimp with a little bit of oil, season with salt and pepper and grill 2 minutes on each side, until the shrimp is opaque.
  3. Place about ⅛ cup shredded cabbage in taco shell
  4. Place 2-3 slices of avocado on top of shredded cabbage
  5. Place 4-5 shrimp on top of avocado
  6. Drizzle Boom Boom Sauce on top of shrimp

 

No comments: