Happy Holidays

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. I have been up in NY with my family for the past week so I have not been around to do recipes. I am horrible with working on a laptop so I am holding out to update until I am back home and working comfortably on my desktop. This year I got two cookbooks for Christmas so I am super excited about trying out some of the recipes. My friend Monique gave me Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 1. This book looks a little scary with the drawn out pictures which looks more like a blue print than a recipe but I am sure I will get the hang of it. I must say that I did get excited when I saw the Cheesecake Factory's pumpkin cheesecake recipe because that is what my husband and I made for his family for Christmas and it was delicious. However there are a few recipes in the book that I have no desire in making, can you guess the restaurant? Hooters! I have been to that place four times and every time everyone at our table was horribly disappointed with their food. Luckily for me though, hooters only has three recipes in this book compared to the hundred other recipes. This book also has hibachi recipes, I wonder if I could pull off the onion volcano without burning the house down.

I also got 3 Books In 1 Holiday cookbook from my in laws. After thumbing through it I found some really tasty sounding recipes. For example, iced almond chai tea latte, coconut snowball cocoa and hot spiced pineapple tea. They also had some really cute cookies that look like ice skates which would be perfect for my niece Brianna who is going to be in the Ice Show this year. However I think when we get back home I will make hot chocolate cookies which is basically just a chocolate cookie with melted chocolate on top with marshmallows. MMMmmmm

Can you tell how excited I am to get home and try out these new recipes? I hope you all had a lovely holiday this year. I will update as soon as I get home but for now I hope you all have a wonderful New Year.

1 comment:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Can't wait to see the recipes! :-)