Apple Cheddar Muffins

Let me just start out by saying that these were pretty tasty. I have never had the combination of apples and cheese before, so this was a first for me. I love the crunchy exterior from the cornmeal and the baked cheese. MMMM. I am surprised I have not eaten the whole batch yet. I am trying to be good since Christmas is only a few days away and I will be stuffing myself silly with all the family events we have planned. If you do not have apple cider on hand apple juice will do the trick.
  • 1 2/3 c. all purpose flour
  • 1/2 c. corn meal
  • 3 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
  • 1 apple, peeled and diced
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1/2 c. apple cider
  • 1/2 apple sauce

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Stir together the flour, corn meal baking powder, cheddar cheese, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
  3. In a small bowl beat egg with a fork. Stir in milk, cider, diced apple and apple sauce. Pour all at once into the dry mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy. Pour the batter into paper lined muffin pan cups. Sprinkle the top with cheese (optional)
  4. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.


This post is submitted in
Muffin Monday

1 comment:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

These sound very interesting, if I only had apple cider, I'd make these tonight. thanks for the recipe!