This was my first time making this recipe. I had this a couple of years ago at a military wife recipe swap. It is by far the easiest thing you can make, the name says it all. It is perfect for someone who is not overly comfortable with baking and measuring. You really cannot mess this one up. I had a problem getting mine out of the pan easily so I stuck the pan in the refrigerator for 20 minutes and it came out in squares pretty easily.
- 1 (16 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ox) can evaporated milk
- 3 ggs
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 c. margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Grease bottom of 13x9 pan.
- Mix first five ingredients together in a large bowl. Pore into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly on top of the pumpkin mixture. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Refrigerate leftovers.
I am participating in the Share our Strength 12 Days of Sharing. When you click on the link above and make a donation you are eligible to win prizes like a Cuisinart 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer.
Don't forget to check out the Virtual Cookie Jar to see the other tasty recipes.