Now, my husband doesn't think that this is a real recipe and that I shouldn't put this up on the blog since I used the help of a bagged salad. Even though I did not chop the carrots, fry the won ton strips or make the salad dressing I still feel that this has some steps and is perfect for a quick fix dinner on a hot day. Which is exactly why I made it. It was mid 80's maybe hotter and the last thing I wanted to do was hover over a hot stove. I suppose I should not complain about the 80 degree weather since in about four months I will be in the Mojave Desert where 80 is considered cool weather. Since I was being lazy and not wanting to cook or clean a huge mess I decided to make this salad. The bagged salad comes with sesame orange dressing, dried cherries, won ton strips, romaine lettuce, carrots and pea pods. I did not make anything to go along with the salad since I figured you have your vegetables and your protein all in one, so this was perfect for just two people.
- 1 bag Fresh Express Asian Supreme Salad mix
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 c. dried cherries
- Drain the oranges from the sauce and reserve the mandarins for later. Marinate the chicken in the mandarin juice for at least an hour.
- Grill the chicken breasts until cooked. About 6 minutes on each side over medium high heat. Cut the chicken into bite size chunks.
- Toss the bagged salad with the dried cherries and mandarin oranges. Top the salad with the chicken.