Coconut Pound Cake



This past weekend I co-hosted a wine tasting social at my friend Kaylie's house which is also known as Cafe Groenhout. A few weeks before the big night we sat down and went over the hor dourves we would be making. I decided on bringing my chocolate fountain and picking up various dippers to go along with it. However, when I got to the store they wanted $4 for this tiny loaf of pound cake. I cannot believe a store can charge so much for something so simple to make. So instead of saving time and effort, I decided to make my own pound cake and save the extra money to put towards a bottle of wine. I am glad I made it myself because with a handful of ingredients and not a lot of time I had a sheet pan size of pound cake that had no problem lasting throughout the night.


The pound cake was a huge hit. Half of the guests were dipping them in chocolate and the other half were just eating them from the plate. This recipe is great by itself, or dipped in chocolate (or drizzled like above) or even topped with fat free vanilla yogurt and fresh berries (top picture).



  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 2 c. all purpose flour
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 c. butter or margarine
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. coconut extract
  • 5 eggs


  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  2. Cream butter and sugar together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time.
  3. Slowly add milk and coconut extract until the mixture is combined.
  4. Mix in the flour and baking powder until there are no lumps.
  5. Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray and pour the batter into the pan.
  6. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
  7. Cut into desired sizes and use a spatula to get out of pan.




This post is submitted in:
Make Ahead Meals
Let's Do Brunch

6 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Oh my! This looks super simple! I love it!

Kaylie said...

I can't love this recipe enough - yummers!! Warm out of oven or day-after with tea, this is a hit!

Anonymous said...

Oh my.... I love anything with coconut, and of course pound cake is always delicious. A winning combination, I'm sure!

I'm your newest follower. Stop by my blog sometime--I'd love to have you as a follower, as well! Also, this recipe is perfect to share this Sunday with my new link party So Sweet Sundays. ;)

morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

Pound cake is one of my favourites, and I love your recipe with the coconut flavouring! Congratulations on being a featured recipe at Let's Do Brunch this week.

http://www.21stcenturyhousewife.com/index/Blog/Entries/2011/4/20_Entry_1.html

Hope you will come and visit and link up again.

Cafe Groenhout said...

I last left a comment about my love of this recipe nearly two years ago to the day. I've got it baking in the oven now and think of you every time I make it! <3 :)

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

Aw I miss you CG. I have not made the pound cake in a while. It's hard to do any sort of baking when I don't have anyone to pawn it off on.