Before we went up to New York to visit family we had my niece, mother and sister staying with us a couple of nights. They made a pit stop at the house on their way home from Disney World and the Georgia Aquarium. Turns out that my 10 year old niece wanted nothing to do with the park and preferred to spend her time at the hotel pool and in the room watching the disney channel. That's my niece for ya. HaHa. Well while they were here I bought stuff to make smores and planned on lighting up the fire pit in the backyard but it turned out to be a very hot 100° summer day and no one wanted to sit out in the heat slaving over a camp fire making smores. So to make up for not being able to roast smores we not only baked them in the oven for dessert but I made smores pancakes for breakfast as well.
The marshmallows melt into the batter so I added some mini marshmallows to the plate of pancakes.
- 1 c. wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. apple sauce
- 1 c. skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. wheat germ
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 2 c. mini marshmallows
- Mix flour, baking powder and wheat germ together.
- Add applesauce, honey, eggs and milk and mix until there are no lumps.
- Stir in chocolate chips and one cup of the marshmallows.
- Spoon desired amount of batter on a lightly oiled pan over medium heat until bubbles for on the top of the pancake, flip.
- Serve with remaining one cup of marshmallows.
This post is submitted in
What's on the Menu Wednesday
Make it Yours Day
Spotlight Yourself Wednesday
Look What I Made Day