The name says it all. It is easy, it has peas and it is a chicken dinner. HaHa. Now what makes it easy and quick is the fact that I used Tyson grilled & ready cooked chicken breasts. The chicken is already fully cooked and even has a glaze on it which adds extra flavor. It definitely made my job in the kitchen a little easier not having to play the "is it done?" game.
I am a huge fan of this stuff because with hubby currently at school he gets home really late, like 8:30 pm late and trying to make a dinner at that time leaves us eating dinner at almost 10. So I am really excited that a representative from Tyson contacted me before our move and wanted to send me a coupon for a free bag of their grilled and ready chicken breast. I held onto it until we moved and that was one of the first things we bought. We usually always get Tyson chicken nuggets and hubby loves their buffalo strips but I had never bought the grilled chicken before. It is great because it already comes glazed with flavor so you can eat it as is right out of the bag, okay well first you would need to heat it up but that takes no time at all. Unlike chicken nuggets it doesn't resembled ground up meal when you cut into it, it is like an actual chicken breast except you cooked in in a fraction of the time. It is great as just a chicken sandwich but I wanted to try mixing it into dishes where I would otherwise have to cook the chicken on top of cooking the dish. Which is where I came up with this one.
I got the idea for this recipe from Kraft foods but tweaked it quite a bit to make this dish. I nuked the chicken while I got the noodles cooking which saved a lot of time but you can also bake the chicken too. I think from start to finish this dish took me about 30 minutes to make.
- 4 Tyson grilled & ready chicken breasts
- 2 low sodium chicken ramen soup package
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 c. frozen spinach
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 c. frozen peas
- 1 c. water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 c. low fat mozarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium add garlic and onion and cook until tender about 5 minutes. Stir in water, seasoning packets, tomatoes, peas and spinach and heat to a boil.
- Throw Tyson chicken in microwave for 5 minutes. Take out and allow to cool to touch and slice.
- Crush up the ramen noodles and add to the skillet, reduce heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Toss in chicken and cheese and serve.
This post is submitted in
Sunday Showcase Party
Motivate Me Monday
Mad Skills Monday
Simply Hot Recipes
Letting the Creative Juices Flow
Presto Pasta Nights hosted by More Than Burnt Toast