One of the perks about being in the military is not only the fact that you get to see other places of the world that you might not have ever dreamed of ever going but the awesome people that you meet along the way. This recipe comes from one of my dear friends whom I met about five years ago. I am not really sure where she got the recipe from but I remember her making it one night when I was over her house passing the time while our husbands were deployed. I also remember pretty much polishing off the leftovers as the night wore on.
This can be served hot as a side dish with some shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream on top or with tortilla chips as a dip. Either way it is delicious. I like to put some on my burgers, nachos and even in my omeletts. It is super simple to make and takes no time at all.
- 1 (12 oz)package of chorizo (minced)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. dried cilantro
- Pull chorizo out of casing and cook in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until browned.
- Add cilantro and onions and cook until onions are tender. Add beans and cook until the beans are heated through. Smash some of the beans into the chorizo mixture but leave some beans intact. Serve hot
This post is submitted in
Look What I Made
Works For Me Wednesday