Frozen Yogurt Treats For Your Dog


With living in the desert, I'm always looking for ways to cool down. So why wouldn't I have my "kids" in mind as well. I found this recipe, like all fun recipes, on pinterest. I was looking for some fun treats for the hot summer days ahead as well as a recipe that used up some of the bananas I had in the freezer. Little did I know that we'd be hitting 100* in May. So when I found this recipe I decided why not? After all, I had everything on hand to make it.


It's incredibly easy to make, the only thing is, it's time consuming, unless you have a ton of ice cube trays and a huge freezer. I however only have one ice cube tray and my freezer is packed to the max with stuff. So it took me a few hours to get through the huge batch of frozen treats. The original poster of this recipe said that you could used styrofoam egg cartons as a mold but I found that they were difficult to get out of the cartons and I wound up mangling them in the process. The ice cube tray is much easier and you can twist it and pop out the frozen treats like you would with ice. I stored all the frozen treats in a gallon sized bag in the freezer. One thing about these though, if you have a dog who's a licker, you may want to give these treats outside. Otherwise, you could end up with a yogurt mess on your hands.

Puppy don't play no games




recipe adapted from HubPages
  • 32 oz. plain yogurt
  • 1 mashed ripe banana
  • 2 tablespoons natural unsalted peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons honey

  1. Mix all of the ingredients with a blender or mixer and freeze in ice cube trays. 
  2. When frozen, place the treats in a plastic bag and store in the freezer. 


No comments: