I love chili but I never used to have it growing up since my parents didn't like it. So when I got married and moved out I started to make all types of chili's. My sister bought me this chili book with all sorts of different kinds of chili recipes. I have tried a handful but there is just something about chocolate and chili that gets my attention every time. You don't really taste the chocolate in the chili but it does offer some subtle flavors.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans in spicy or mild sauce, undrained
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- Brown ground beef, onion and 1 garlic clove in a large skilled over medium-high heat, stirring to separate meat. Drain and discard fat.
- Place meat mixture in slow cooker. Add tomatoes with juice, beans with sauce, chili powder, remaining 2 cloves of garlic and chocolate. Mix well.
- Cover, cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Add cumin, salt, pepper and hot sauce during last hour of cooking.
This post is submitted in
Favorite Things Friday
Fight Back Friday