We all have at least one recipe that reminds us of our childhood. That one recipe that we remember eating ever since we were itty bitty kids. Well, today I'm sharing one of my childhood favorites with you. My Grandpa DeCoursey would always make this hamberg soup and it was probably one of the only soups I actually liked. I don't know why but I've never been a huge soup eater. However, this is always a soup that I'd gladly eat as is without any delay.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 c. frozen mixed veggies
- 3 c. chopped potatoes, bite size
- 48 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 48 oz of water
- pinch of pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot over med heat add all ingredients except beef.
- Crumble ground beef into the soup mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Serve hot.