I made this drink to go along with the Island Drumsticks. I am not a huge fan of the taste of alcohol so needless to say, I rarely drink. However, it was Friday and I really wanted to try the new rum I bought for the drumsticks marinade so I came up with this drink. This has a kick to it but it is not so overpowering that you feel like you are drinking rubbing alcohol. I looked on the internet to see if this is a drink already known but came up with nothing. So it has been named Tropic Thunder. Now of course you can make this a virgin as well by using pineapple juice, coconut water and a squirt of lemon juice.
- 1 shot (1.5 oz) pineapple rum
- 1/2 shot (.75 oz) coconut rum
- 1/2 shot (.75 oz) lemon rum
- 1 Tbsp. grenadine
- orange juice
- fresh pineapple (optional)
- cherry (optional)
- Put a handful of ice in your glass. Pour the liquor and grenadine in. Fill the rest of your glass with orange juice.
- For a garnish cut pineapple in chunks. Skewer pineapple and cherry with toothpick and slice a slit on the bottom of the pineapple so that it will sit on the glass.
This post is submitted in
Make It Yours Day