White Chocolate - Blueberry Cheesecake


For my husbands birthday he wanted spicy macaroni and cheese and a blueberry cheesecake. So I got to work looking up a recipe that I thought was birthday quality. I came across this recipe and I stopped searching. This has a caramel-butterscotch crust, white chocolate in the cream cheese and homemade blueberry jam to put on top. My husband LOVES white chocolate. Then you add the caramel-butterscotch and homemade jam, you have a winner!



I tried being fancy and doing a water bath which I never do and will never do again. I used heavy duty aluminum foil and used 2 strips of it and water still got in my springform pan and I have no idea how. So I will go back to my tried and true method of putting a pan of hot water on the rack below my cheesecake. Anyways, I made this the night before and then let it chill overnight. It was soft and giggly in the center but after chilling over night it set perfectly. You don't want to bake the cheesecake until it is totally set in the center since the cheesecake continues to cook as it cools and you will end up with an over cooked dry cheesecake.



This is a sweet cheesecake so if you have a sweet tooth you will love this!



CRUST:
  • 2 cups crushed graham crackers
  • 1 cup slivered almonds
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup margarine/butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons caramel-butterscotch topping

FILLING:
  • 1/2 lb white chocolate, chopped
  • 2 (8 oz) packages fat free cream cheese, softened
  • 2 (8 oz) packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

TOPPING:
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 pint fresh blueberries
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice


  1. Preheat oven to 300° F.
  2. In a food processor, blend together the graham cracker crumbs, almonds and sugar until the almonds are ground fine. Pour in the melted butter and caramel while processing, until mixture is combined. Press the mixture onto the bottom, and half way up the side of a 9 inch springform pan.
  3. In a metal bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the white chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and the egg yolks, one at a time. Beat in the flour and the vanilla and blend in the melted white chocolate slowly, beating until the filling is well combined. Pour filling into crust.
  4. Bake in the middle of preheated oven for 1 hour. Then turn off the heat, and crack the oven door an inch, letting the cheesecake cool in the oven to room temperature. Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight before removing from pan.
  5. In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and blueberries. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice, allow to cool, and pour over cheesecake or refrigerate store in a glass jar.

This post is submitted in:
Vegetarian Foodie Fridays
Sweet Thursday
Homemaker Monday
Just Something I Whipped Up
Mad Skills Monday
Market Yourself Monday
Making the World Cuter Monday
Put a Stamp on it

18 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

OMG, that cheesecake is amazing!!!

foodfloozie.blogspot.com

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

That looks unbelievably amazing! It's super late and I need to go to bed but I so WANT that cake, now! Awesome pictures!

Joanne said...

Oh. My. God.

That's all I can really say about this because I can't stop drooling. Happy birthday to your husband! What a way to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

oh my ... this looks amazing! I want to try it right away. Too bad we still have some strawberry shortcake for today ... I will try it next week! Cannot wait!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Have a blessed Sunday,
Kate

Anonymous said...

i love how the blueberries stained the top of the cheesecake, this looks great!
anne
www.anniebakes.net

ann low said...

WOW! Beautiful cheesecake.

Reeni said...

This is positively heavenly! I am a white chocolate lover too...and blueberry lover!

Penny Pincher said...

This looks great! I love blueberries and white chocolate.
When I do a water bath, I fold foil around the outside my springform pan so water can't get in it.

☺lani☺ said...

Wow, this is mouth watering! Yum!

Cooking Creation said...

My goodness this looks sinfully delicious!

Amber said...

That Cheesecake looks divine!! Really making me hungry. ;)

Unknown said...

Yum Yum Yum! Please link up to Sister Sister if you can,

Thanks,
Amanda
http://blog.kuzakscloset.com/2010/06/sister-sister-put-stamp-on-it.html

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

White chocolate, caramel and blueberries? Oh my goodness that sounds amazing!!

Ginger said...

HOLY COW! That looks delicious! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

WOWZERS! This looks amazing! Thanks for submitting it to next week's Sweet Thursday event!

JR/Mike said...

Hi there, I came across your blog and was looking around and you have some delicious dishes!! I'm commenting on this cheesecake because it looks amazing. I love cheesecakes and so does my girlfriend so I might have to borrow this recipe! My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures. Nice presentation as well!
I look forward to seeing future recipes. Thanks

Coleens Recipes said...

This looks fantastic!! I use to struggle with foil/water baths too, until I started using a trimmed down baking bag (like you use for turkeys). Works great and no leaks.

Unknown said...

The best way to do a water bath is to wrap the bottom of the spring form pan in tin foil and fill a muffin pan full of water and put the muffin pan on the rack below where the cheesecake is, has the same effect of the water bath without the mess, hassle, and the risk of sogginess!!!
I bake tons of cheesecakes and that's how I always do it :)