My husband is the burger master. When we have it for dinner he is always the one preparing it. Yesterday I decided that I would make the burger. I used my husbands homemade BBQ sauce but if you have a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce that would be perfect but if not any BBQ sauce would work. Now the rule to a delicious juicy burger is to not overcook it. I have not fully mastered this rule yet... with anything I put on the grill. Although yesterday I finally didn't burn anything and nothing stuck to the grill. *Happy Dance* Now if only I can do that the rest of the time.
I make three burgers with a pound of meat but whatever you do will be fine. Just make sure that you have a pineapple ring for each burger. I used canned pineapple but if you have fresh on hand that would be delicious. I have a three burner grill so what I do is once the grill is hot I turn one burner off and bring the other two burners down to medium-low heat. I placed my burgers and pineapple over those burners.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle
- 3 pineapple rings
- 3 buns
- BBQ sauce
- 6 slices Cabot Vermont chipotle cheddar cheese
- Mix the meat with the seasonings. Form into patties and set aside.
- Cook burgers over medium low heat for 4 minutes with the lid closed, flip burgers. Add cheese on top of burgers and place pineapple on the grill. Grill for another 2 minutes and flip the pineapple. Close grill and cook an additional 2 minutes and take everything off grill.
- Assemble the burger with BBQ sauce and pineapple ring.
This post is submitted in:
Tuesdays at the Table
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Summer Grilling Recipe Swap