Jalapeño Popper Dip




I am never one to do the old school chips and dip when it comes to parties. I love to make new recipes and share it with my family and friends. Sometimes they love it and sometimes I am the only one at the table eating it. However, this recipe had everyone coming back for seconds. Last weekend I hosted my very first Tupperware party and needed to come up with food ideas. I initially was going to go with chicken buffalo wing dip and I even bought everything for it but at the last minute I came across a recipe online at Those Funny Little Girls blog that I just couldn't resist. I goofed up on the recipe and only added one package of cream cheese but I honestly cannot imagine it with two packages. It would definitely die down the heat factor of the dip and that is what a jalapeno popper is all about, it is supposed to be spicy.



To me this recipe was spot on with what my favorite jalapeno poppers taste like minus all the frying and breading. I mixed the dip the morning of the party and 30 minutes before the guests showed up I put it in the oven. I also used fresh jalapenos, I thought that the canned jalapenos would be too soft and soggy. I like the jalapeno pepper to have a little bite left to it, like when you get it from a restaurant. I could sit here all day talking about this. If you are jalapeno popper fan like I am then you have got to try this recipe. I served them with Multigrain Tostitos which in my opinion taste a lot better. I made this for a party of seven and ended up with a sliver left over by the end of the night.



  • 1 (8 oz) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (4 oz) can of mild green chilis, drained
  • 2 jalapenos, diced
  • 1 c. Parmesan cheese, shredded

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, chilies and jalapeno and mix until smooth.
  3. Spread dip into small- medium sized oven safe dish.
  4. Spread Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbling.

This post is submitted in:
Just Something I Whipped Up
Made By You Monday

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are not big for the heat so using two packages of cream cheese, just might work for us. Regardless, I would like to try this.

Laura said...

oh yum this looks so great I can see my teenage son inhaling this! Thanks for linking up today!

Angie said...

Oh that looks so yummy!!!! And easy to make too!
Stopping by from My Sweet & Savory Meatless Mondays!

Homemade Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! That dip looks AMAZING! Yum! I just posted to die for sizzle sticks - check out the recipe! So good! :) p.s I'm now a follower!

Esi said...

I think I could eat dip all day long. Sounds great!

Jessica Strassner said...

This sounds delish! New follower from FF! Stop by sometime!

Jess
http://thelittleblondegirl.blogspot.com

Katie said...

I just booked marked this one! If football season gets going this year - this will be perfect!

Time2EatYall