Snickers Cookies


You know how much I love trying recipes that I find on Pinterest. With that being said though, they don't always turn out like the picture. I've had my fair share of Pinterest Fails and this was one of them. Now I know you're looking at that picture thinking, "That's a fail?" Well, no that one isn't a fail, this one is...


You see they were supposed to turn out like this...

http://buddingbaketress.blogspot.com/2011/09/marbled-peanut-butter-chocolate.html
Picture from Bakergirl site.

Huge difference. The peanut butter was just dried crumbly peanut butter and the chocolate was almost on the verge of being cake better consistency. It was a complete mess and I was not at all surprised when mine didn't come out looking like the picture. I went though the comments and realized that a lot of people had the same exact problem that I did. I had a huge amount of dough though and decided to improvise. I combined the two doughs together into one.


And that is how I went from a fail to a really delicious cookie. I did change the recipe quite a bit though. I mean, a total of 4 cups of sugar AND 4 full Snickers bars seemed like a bit much.I'm not overly convinced those extra cups of sugar would have made a lick of difference in the finished product though. The two doughs were just all over the place. However, once I mixed the two doughs together, not only did it split the process in half but the cookie turned out much more appealing to look at.

I had a little helper with me while making my cookies.


recipe adapted from Bakergirl



Peanut butter dough
  • 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup natural chunky peanut butter
  • 4 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Chocolate dough
  • 1 cup margarine/butter
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 regular-sized Snicker bars, chopped into small pieces
  • 3/4 cup caramel chips/bits

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. 
  2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  3. For the peanut butter dough, cream together the peanut butter, oil, and egg until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips. 
  4. For the chocolate dough, cream together the margarine, sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. Slowly beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the butter mixture until well combined. Stir in chopped Snickers pieces and caramel chips. 
  5. Mix the two doughs together until just barely combined. 
  6. Take two tablespoons of dough and gently roll into a ball and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. 
  7. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until done. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

2 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I love reading your blog. I always come away with a realistic view of the dish. Four cups of sugar would have turned me away from the recipe. I give you credit for getting in there and making it better.

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

Thanks, Chaya. I'm a fan of Bizzy B. Bakes, so it's cool that you stopped by and read my blog. :)