Cauliflower Tots


Let me just start out by saying that I had NO IDEA that cauliflower was so versatile. I've only had cauliflower in one form before, steamed, as is. It wasn't until recently that I realized that cauliflower can be so much more than just... well, cauliflower. I mean, who'd have thought that you could turn a head of cauliflower into tater tots? I certainly did not. However, when I saw these I knew I had to give them a try. C'mon, it's cauliflower tots! How could you turn that down?


I'm happy to report that these are amazing! Now, you won't be fooled that these are those tater tots you get in the freezer section of your grocery store but they are delicious, and healthy to boot. When I started making them I thought they'd be a pain to make but they weren't all that hard. Time consuming, sure, but difficult they are not. The recipe makes a HUGE batch and it's just the Mr. and myself, so I wound up freezing half of the mixture and later down the road thawing it out and forming them into the tater tots you see above. (I did take pictures of the first batch but these pictures turned out so much nicer) Trust me on this one, try these. You will not be disappointed.

Recipe adapted from Skinny Taste

  • 2 1/4 cups cauliflower florets
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1/2 cup onion, minced
  • 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Steam cauliflower until tender but not mushy. Lay out paper towels and allow to cool. Once cooled finely chop the cauliflower and set aside.
  2. Preheat oven to 400°F.  Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: