Cannoli Cheese Ball


:GASP: I know. I know. This is the first cannoli related recipe on my site. While I like cannoli, I don't necessarily want to make them. It's just a lot of work and I'd honestly just rather buy one from a bakery. However, when I came across this super easy cannoli cheese ball I knew I had to give it a shot.


When I say super easy, I mean it. You pretty much just mix everything together, create a ball using plastic wrap, let it chill in the refrigerator while you clean up your mess, and then roll the ball in chocolate chips. That's it! Easy peasy, and it's so good. It's obviously on the sweet side but would be oh so perfect for a party. ;)



recipe adapted from Taste & Tell

  • 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
  • ½ cup ricotta cheese
  • ½ cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1¾ cups mini chocolate chips, divided
  • Vanilla Wafers or graham crackers, for serving
  1. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the ricotta, powdered sugar and cinnamon and beat until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips.
  2. Dump the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Gather the plastic wrap around the top, squishing the mixture into a ball shape. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
  3. Place the remaining ¾ cup of chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Open the plastic wrap and turn the cheeseball filling onto the chocolate chips. Use your hands to roll the ball to coat in the chocolate chips.
  4. Serve with vanilla wafers and graham crackers.


No comments: