Chocolate Almond Cherry Biscotti



To me a cup of coffee is not complete with out a little dunking being done. I love biscotti but only if it is soaked in coffee first. It is the same thing with oreo's and milk for me. I always wanted to try a recipe but just kept putting it off. Mainly because when I would crave one it would be in the morning and the last thing I want to do when I wake up is to start baking. So yesterday I finally got around to making a batch of these tasty dunkers. I found a recipe on the internet and changed it up some. I have never made biscotti before so I didn't want to just wing it. This recipe makes a dozen so if you want more for a party just double the recipe.



  • 3/4 c All purpose flour
  • 1/4 c finely ground almonds
  • 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder (whichever you use or prefer)
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 c sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp almond extract
  • 1/3 c dried cherries
  • 1/4 c slivered almonds (optional for garnish)

  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Mix together flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium size bowl.
  3. Beat eggs and sugar with a mixer (unless you want a good workout) on medium high speed until pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and almond extract and reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture and beat until there are no traces of flour left. Stir in the cherries. The dough will be very wet and sticky.
  4. Scrape the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, forming a line down the center. Sprinkle slivered almonds over the top of the dough. Wet hands and pat dough into 9 x 3 inch rectangle.
  5. Bake until puffed and dry to the touch, about 25 minutes. Cool on pan for 15 minutes, keep oven on. Peel off parchment paper from dough and transfer to a cutting board. Cut dough into 1/3 inch thick slices.
  6. Lay slices flat on baking sheet and bake until dry about 10 minutes on each side. Let the cookies cool completely because as they cool they get more crisp.

1 comment:

MG said...

It looks AWESOME!!!