Tiramisu Cheesecake





A while ago I went to the Cheesecake Factory and tried their tiramisu cheesecake. I instantly fell in love. So this year when asked what I wanted for my 23rd birthday cake I chose tiramisu cheesecake. After searching the internet with my friend we finally settled on a recipe that was just like the Cheesecake Factory's. It was simple to make as well.... actually I didn't make it. My husband and friend made it, so that goes to show you how easy it is. I love making cheesecake since it is a nice fake out. A lot of people think that it is difficult to make but it is just as easy as making a cake from a box, except it tastes 10 times better! I always make my cheesecakes with low fat or fat free cream cheese. You can use whatever kind you like since I have made a cake from all fat free and it came out just fine. Every time I make cheesecake I always throw a pan filled with water into the oven on the bottom rack. Some recipes call for covering the springform pan in foil and putting it in the water bath but that is just more work for me to do and I like easy cooking... or in this case easy baking.


Recipe:

  • 2 (12 ounce) package lady fingers
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 4 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (the cake above was 2 low fat and 1 fat free)
  • 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 (3 ounce) bar of cappuccino chocolate, semisweet chocolate, or your favorite kind of chocolate (If you want a thicker layer of chocolate between the crust and cheese cake you will need more)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom of oven.
  2. Crush a package of ladyfingers to fine crumbs. Mix the melted butter into the crumbs. Moisten with 2 tablespoons of the coffee liqueur. Press into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
  3. Chop a chocolate bar into small pieces and cover the crust with chocolate.
  4. Cut lady fingers into small medallions and place up against the side of the springform pan. (look at picture above)
  5. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until very smooth. Add 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur, and mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix SLOWLY until just smooth. The consistency of the mascarpone can vary. If the cheesecake batter is too thick, add a little cream. Do not overmix at this point. Pour batter into crust.
  6. Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until just set. Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight, before serving.
  7. Before serving shave the remaining chocolate over the top until you are happy with the look. If you have left over lady fingers you can make a design at the top of the cheesecake as well.


Let me know if you try this and like it. I LOVED it and thought it was
spot on delicious.


This post is submitted in:
504 Main

4 comments:

DespicableMe said...

I am definitely going to make this! Yummy!!!

Coryanne Ettiene | Kitchen Living with Coryanne said...

wishing I had my kitchen to hand to make this, it looks so yummy! Thanks for hopping along to the Fab Nest Friday, am a new follower.

Have a great weekend!

Rachel Cotterill said...

I love cheesecake, and I love tiramisu, so this makes my mouth water! :)

Nesty Girl said...

This looks fabulous! I will definitely have to give it a try!