These are pretty easy to make. Just a few things to remember. The cheesecake NEEDS to be cold. So if you have time, allow the cheesecake to set up in the freezer overnight. If you are doing a big batch of these take a small amount of the cheesecake pops out of the freezer at a time. I took them all out at once and by the time I got to the end my cheesecake had thawed and it was really difficult. Picture the New Years Eve ball dropping, that's what my cheesecake balls looked like on the stick. Another rule of thumb have a section of your plate bare so that way when you roll on the toppings you can roll your balls on the bare plate to help secure your topping into the chocolate.
- Plain cheesecake (like the recipe below or you can buy one from the store)
- Chocolate (any kind you like), melted
- Toppings; nuts coconut, sprinkles, candy bar pieces etc.
- With a melon baller or a very small ice cream scoop, scoop 1 1/2-inch balls of cheese cake and arrange them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Secure a lollipop stick into each cheesecake ball and freeze for 2 hours to overnight.
- Dip the cheesecake lollipops in the melted chocolate, letting any excess drip off.
- Then roll the lollipop in any toppings of your choice. Arrange them on parchment paper lined baking sheet to harden for a few minutes.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate for a couple of days.