This is your basic cheesecake. With this you can make other forms of cheesecake. If you wanted chocolate all you have to do is add a few Tbsp of cocoa powder. Cheesecake is not like a regular cake, you want the center to still be a little loose and giggly when you take it out of the oven. Otherwise your cheesecake will crack in the middle. If this happens just improvise, add nuts, whipped cream, chocolate syrup or caramel syrup on top. It's cheesecake, as long as it tastes good no one will care what it looks like. :o)
- 1 c. honey graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. butter or margarine; melted
- 3 packages low fat cream cheese; softened.
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 (8 oz) container lite sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 3 eggs
- To make the graham cracker crumbs you can either put them in a zip lock bag and roll a rolling pin or can over the bag. You could also put them in a food proccessor.
- Combine the crumbs with the butter and stir until all the crumbs are wet. Press onto the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- Preheat over to 450 degrees. Place a pan of water on the rack below where you are going to put your cheesecake.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat until blended. Beat in the flour. Add the eggs one at a time; beat just until blended. Pour into crust
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees, continue baking 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. With knife loosen cake from the side of the pan carefully. Let cool completely; remove the side of the pan. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours covered before serving.