Kielbasa Apples and Onions


This is a pretty simple dinner to throw together if you have these three ingredients on hand. It is so simple I almost did not put it on here but this is my fall back dinner and who could not use more of those? My husband actually introduced me to this dish. I usually ate kielbasa in a bun but he mentioned how his mother cooked it with apples and onions. I must admit apples and polish sausage did not sound like a good combination but I gave it a try and it actually goes well together. It took a while to figure out the cooking time on the apples, I always under cooked them or worse, burned them. I found that this way is fool proof because you are not only cooking the apples but you do not have it over direct heat long enough to burn them or dry them out while you wait on the apples to cook. I usually make this for two with sides. As far as the apples go I used pink lady but I just use whatever apples I have on hand at the time.



  • 1 turkey kielbasa link, sliced
  • 2 apples, 1/2" wedges
  • 1 medium onion, sliced



  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Cook onions and apples in a skillet over medium heat until the onions are translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Make sure to flip the onions and apples around so they do not burn.
  3. Transfer to 9 x 9 baking pan add kielbasa. Bake for 30 minutes covered.

No comments: