I grilled the chicken outside so I didn't heat up the house and while I was grilling the chicken I cut up the strawberries and almonds. Now slivered almonds would have worked much better with this recipe but I used that I had, which was whole almonds. Now the fun thing about this recipe, there really is no need to measure anything. All I am really giving you is just the ingredients that I used to make my salad. If you want more berries, throw them in! This is a salad, they are supposed to be simple not complicated. I used one chicken breast per person since salads really don't fill me up and I need a little extra oomph to keep me going.
- green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 c. fresh strawberries
- 1/2 c. blueberries
- 1/4 c. almonds, if whole then chop them up
- 2 chicken breasts
- lite raspberry vinaigrette
- Marinade the chicken with enough vinaigrette to cover the chicken and set aside in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Cook the chicken over direct heat in your grill for 5-7 minutes flip and cook an additional 4 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove and allow the chicken to rest and cool to room temp.
- Meanwhile, cut strawberries in half lengthwise and then slice. Now is also the time to chop your lettuce and almonds if need be. Assemble the berries and almonds on the lettuce in a large bowl.
- Once chicken has cooled slice the chicken breast and arrange the slices on top of the salad. Drizzle with the raspberry vinaigrette.
This post is submitted in
Fresh Food Friday