I am a huge believer that every summer is not complete unless you have stuffed your face with a million smores. Well ok, I guess that is a lot but you get my point. In the winter I like to make smores in the oven and I usually add different things to them. This time I had a few bananas that were about to go bad and instead of doing the usual banana bread I decided to warm up the oven and make smores.
- 3 bananas
- handful of chocolate chips
- 3 marshmallows, cut in quarters
- graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Lay the banana on its side and with a knife cut into the side of the banana from the top horizontally to make a it easier to peel along the side. Peel back the side but leave in connected to the banana. Slice up the length banana to create a pocket.
- Stuff chocolate chips and marshamllows into the pocket. Replace the peel over the banana and place on baking sheet pocket side up. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until chocolate and marshmallows are melted and the banana is a little soft.
- Cut slices of the banana (while in the peel for less clean up) and put onto your graham crackers.