Ooey Gooey Chocolate Banana Smores


I am a huge believer that every summer is not complete unless you have stuffed your face with a million smores. Well ok, I guess that is a lot but you get my point. In the winter I like to make smores in the oven and I usually add different things to them. This time I had a few bananas that were about to go bad and instead of doing the usual banana bread I decided to warm up the oven and make smores.

  • 3 bananas
  • handful of chocolate chips
  • 3 marshmallows, cut in quarters
  • graham crackers

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
  2. Lay the banana on its side and with a knife cut into the side of the banana from the top horizontally to make a it easier to peel along the side. Peel back the side but leave in connected to the banana. Slice up the length banana to create a pocket.
  3. Stuff chocolate chips and marshamllows into the pocket. Replace the peel over the banana and place on baking sheet pocket side up. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until chocolate and marshmallows are melted and the banana is a little soft.
  4. Cut slices of the banana (while in the peel for less clean up) and put onto your graham crackers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter.