BBQ Chicken Pizza


I had my first BBQ chicken pizza when I was 16 years old. My friend and I walked into a pizzeria downtown and that was when I seen it. I am usually a strictly veggies kinda girl when it comes to pizza but I decided that this sounded too good to pass up on. It was love at first bite! Warm water and a warm draft free area for the dough to rise is key. I preheat my oven to the lowest temperature the oven will go and shut it off before I am finished kneading the dough. I store my dough in the oven for the 45 minutes to rise, it works every time.


Dough recipe
  • 1 1/4 c. warm water (105-115 degrees F)
  • 1 envelope (.25 ounce) active dry yeast
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • 3 1/2 c. wheat flour
  • 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • 2 tsp. cornmeal

  1. Place 1/4 c. water in a large bowl. Sprinkle yeast over water, stir in sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
  2. Add remaining water, oil, red pepper flakes and garlic salt. Stir in flour until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
  3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth, 8-10 minutes.
  4. Coat the large bowl with cooking spray, place dough in bowl, turning over to grease the top of the dough. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until almost double in size, about 45 minutes.
  5. Preheat oven to 450. Punch down dough. Coat two 12 inch pizza pans with cooking spray, sprinkle pans with cornmeal. Divide dough in half. Roll dough to fit the pan, press dough against edge to form rim. Bake crust for 10 minutes.
Pizza Toppings

  • 1 c. BBQ sauce
  • 1 c. cooked chicken, cubed
  • 1/2 c. pineapple, chopped
  • 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 1/2 c. feta cheese
  • 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese

  1. When the 10 minutes are up top the crust with BBQ sauce. Add the rest of the toppings and sprinkle with feta and mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese it melted, 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I LOVE BBQ chicken pizza. You're crust sounds amazing and looks awesome. I usually am too lazy to do that but it's probably less calories and WAY more nutritous so I should try it. Thanks!

recipes for bbq said...

Hi, thanks for the bbq ideas, I will try to implement these in my brother's next bbq party. I was hoping to get some new recipes for the same because, I love to cook and when people appreciate it.

recipes for bbq