Chicken Salsa Pasta


I made this recipe a few years ago because my husband requested I make one of his favorite MRE's (meal ready to eat). You see my husband is in the Marine Corp and every time he would be out in the field for training or deployed he would search for the chicken and salsa MRE. So one day he asked that I make it at home and even though I have never had the MRE myself, I would like to think that this is better than a dehydrated meal in a bag. I also like this dish because you can do so many different things with it. You can add different vegetables or salsas. One suggestion that I have is to make sure you get chunky salsa that way you get chunks of tomato or you could always add a can of diced tomatoes as well. I did not have cheddar cheese so I substituted with mozzarella which worked fine.

  • 2 c. multi-grain penne pasta, uncooked
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1-1/4 cups Salsa
  • 1 c. frozen corn, thawed
  • 1 green pepper, cut into short thin strips
  • 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

  1. Cook pasta according to package.
  2. Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 min. Stir in salsa, corn and peppers. Bring to boil. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
  3. Drain pasta. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Top with cheese. Remove from heat; cover. Let stand 1 min. or until cheese is melted.

This post is submitted in
Food on Friday's

No comments: