Chicken Kampama

I bought The Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking a few months ago at a local book sale. It has 800 pages and thousands of recipes. When going through it one day this Greek recipe caught my eye and since I had everything on hand I decided to make it. The recipe in the book was really vague and it wasn't until I looked it up online that I found out that you serve it over noodles. I was a little worried when I could smell the cinnamon cooking with the chicken but it turned out to be really good. It was a nice spin to the typical spaghetti and marinara sauce. I will admit that it is not the most glamorous picture but it is pretty tasty.
The recipe serves 4 people.


  • 3 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
  • 2 Tbsp. margarine/butter
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 medium onions, chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 (14oz) can diced tomato
  • 1/2 (6oz) can tomato paste
  • 1/4 tsp. all spice, ground
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, ground
  • 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 c. red wine
  • 1/4 c. water
  • 1 lb rotini pasta

  1. In a large skillet brown chicken in butter and olive oil; remove from pan.
  2. Brown onions and garlic. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, seasonings and wine; bring to a boil. Add chicken and cover, reduce heat to a simmer; cook 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
  3. In the last 20 minutes cook the pasta. Drain, pour sauce over pasta.

4 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I think this sounds fantastic! I'm going to print it up right now, thanks!

Reeni said...

How delicious with allspice and cinnamon! I bet it adds a nice flavor to it! Looks like a great comfort meal.

Kathleen said...

This sounds really delicious! I love the spices!

Joanne said...

I actually think cinnamon in tomato sauce is SUPER fantastic. I made a recipe like this with keftedes not too long ago and it blew my mind. I'm going to have to try this version!