I am back and extremely excited that while I was gone I hit 100 followers. I never thought that I would have so many people tuning in to read my recipes. It truly is an honor. The cross country move wasn't too bad. The desert is very hot though, so it is going to take some time to get used to cooking in a kitchen in this heat. I think that it will be safe to say that dinners in this house will be pretty much grilled outside until the summer heat is behind us.
This is a salad that I made before the big move. I got the recipe from Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals cookbook. It was simple to throw together and a nice addition to any dinner. I even ate it alone as a snack. There is nothing crazy to this recipe. If you cannot find peperoncini, you could get away with hot banana pepper rings instead. I am not a huge fan of olives but I found that the saltiness of the kalamata olives really balanced this salad out. It may not be the prettiest thing to take a picture of but it sure was tasty. It does make a huge bowl so be prepared for leftovers.
- 1 English seedless cucumber, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1 bell pepper, diced into bite sized pieces
- 4 celery ribs with leafy greens intact, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 lb feta, crumbled
- 1/2 c. pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 6 peperoncini, chopped
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt to taste
- Whisk lemon juice and oil together.
- Toss all of the ingredients together with the dressing until coated. Add salt to taste.
This post is submitted in
Vegetarian Foodie Friday