Wilton Course Three Class Two


In the second class of Fondant and Gum Paste we assembled our bow loops to make a huge bow. I know that I didn't take a picture of the loops from the last class, I forgot. so just imagine a bunch of white fondant loops.

After we worked on our bows we rolled out our fondant to cover our cake boards. I had a 50% off coupon burning a whole in my wallet so I quickly ran out into the store and bought the star power imprint mat. Just in case you are wondering, no the picture didn't come out blurry. I didn't get the imprint on the first try so I tried again and it still didn't take to the entire surface. It doesn't look as bad in person though. HaHa

Next we learned how to make calla lilies. I think that they look spot on. I re-fringed the sides of the petals because when you are man handling the flower trying to put the yellow piece in you flatten out the edges. So I just ran my tool over the edged again.Then after having fun with the calla lilies I came head to head with my worst arch nemesis... LAYERS! We made mums and they are just like the carnations, they take layers of fondant that need to be separated by paper towel pieces to achieve the desired look. Needless to say I skipped the paper towel trick.


It was a great class. I am super excited to make my final fondant cake since the teacher said that we can make whatever we want. I know what I am making... a 4th of July cake! :o)

3 comments:

ann low said...

This is interesting. I've never really tried to make fondant and gum paste. Hope to see your next posting soon.
Please visit my site and join a little giveaway.

Anonymous said...

Wow, absolutely beautiful! I just don't have the patience to work on small, tiny details like this.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Very nice! So are you ready to break into the cake decorating business yet? :-)