Pizza Puffs


What's not to love about pizza? Pizza is so versatile that the sky's the limit when it comes to the different kinds of pizza that is out there, not to mention all the possibilities for toppings. There are dessert pizzas, meat lovers pizzas, veggie pizzas, pinwheels, calzones, thin crust, deep dish... like I said the sky's the limit. So it is no surprise that I found pizza puffs while looking up recipes over at Kate's blog. After reading the recipe and drooling over the pictures I checked to make sure I had everything on hand to make it and got to work.



I thought that they were really good although I wouldn't make them for dinner. They remind me more of something you would snack on at a party or gathering than a sit down dinner. The one thing I love about this recipe is that you can switch it up. If you want to add chopped mushrooms or bell peppers, go for it! I used pepperoni bites and a can of chopped olives since I was trying to use up what I had on hand but be creative with it and have fun. After all pizza is not supposed to be taken seriously, isn't that why it is always the go to for parties... because it's fun? That's just my theory of course.

(^∀^)

  • 3/4 c. flour
  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 c. skim milk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 c. mozarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 (4.5 oz) can black olives, chopped (optional)
  • 1 c. pepperoni bites (optional)
  • 1/2 c. pizza sauce
  • 1/2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped

  1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder, whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the cheese, pepperoni and olives. Let stand for 10 minutes.
  2. Stir the batter and divide evenly among muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, about 20-25 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, in a small pot over low-medium heat warm up pasta sauce. Add basil and cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve hot.

This post is submitted in
Market Yourself Monday
Made By You Monday
SYS Link Party
Recipe Swap Thursday
Foodie Friday
Bake with Bizzy

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These look awesome and could have so many flavor variations, my imagination is running wild!

Joanne said...

These remind me kind of of hot pockets...but WAY better! Delicious!

Kim said...

I could literally dunk those cute little pizza puffs all day long. So many options too! They look addictive.

Bizzy said...

I know that we will like this. I am printing it now.

Please do me a favor. I started a baking linky and I am only getting wonderful sweet recipes. I think baked items like this would be great to share also. You could start me off by linking this up.
http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2011/06/bake-with-bizzy-3.html

rebecca @ beurrista said...

These look great! And so easy!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

These wonderful pizza puffs are being featured, later today. Come on over and feel free to bring another baked good to share with us.

Anonymous said...

Yum. These look tasy! I love pizza! Thanks for the sweet comment!