Chicken Burgers Topped w/ Brie & Cranberries

There used to be this little cafe here in town that served these delicious sandwiches that consisted croissant, turkey, cranberries and brie cheese. Every time I went there I always got this sandwich, there was never any question about it. I was loyal to my sandwich. So what does one do when they can no longer go out and order their favorite sandwich? You make your own of course!




Now I know that I don't have everything from the original recipe... for started the bun. I've never made a croissant and even though they are so darn tasty, they are not all that great for you. So I swapped out the croissant and used homemade wheat buns instead. Another change from the original is the fact that I used chicken instead of turkey. The reasoning behind that is because when I went to the commissary they were out of turkey. Completely out, zero zilch none. Apparently this isn't totally uncommon since I went to the commissary last week and their entire poultry section was bare except for a piece of paper that apologized for the inconvenience. So as you can see, there are time when even the most common grocery items are unobtainable to me. :o)


These burgers hit the spot for me but the Mr. couldn't understand why I would put brie and cranberries on a burger. HaHa He ate it and said it wasn't bad but he wasn't a fan. He would much rather have his BBQ sauce on a good ol beef burger. Oh well, you can't win them all can ya?


  • 1 lb ground chicken
  • 1 Tbsp. canola oil
  • 9 Tbsp whole cranberry sauce
  • Brie cheese with the casing removed
  • 3 buns
  • cumin
  • coriander
  • salt
  • pepper
  1. Heat oil in medium sized pan over medium heat.
  2. Season the ground chicken with salt and pepper. Form into 3 patties and cook in the pan, about 4 minutes each side. Sprinkle the top of the burgers with cumin and coriander (not too much though, just a sprinkling)
  3. Meanwhile warm up the cranberry sauce via microwave or stove top until warm.
  4. When burgers are almost done cooking, place the brie on top so that it can start to melt. Depending on the cut of brie you have just make sure the slices cover the top of the burger so you may need two or three slices per burger. Remove from heat when cooked, place the burgers on the buns and top with 3Tbsp cranberry sauce.

This post is submitted in
Bunny Hop Wednesday
These Chicks Cooked
What's Cooking Wednesday

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh.Em.Gee. I want this in my belly RIGHT now!

David Franklin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.