Snowman's Balls


When I was younger, I remember helping my mom and dad roll the balls every year around the holidays. My father's co-workers and friends looked forward to the holidays because it meant that my dad would bring in his famous rum balls. As a kid I just thought that everyone liked them because they were cookies rolled in powdered sugar... now I know better. This recipe packs a wallop of a punch because of the rum you use. This year I decided to rename the rum balls to something a little bit more festive and bring them into work for my co-workers and boss (aka Boss Lady) to take home and enjoy. Since we live in the desert and don't get too much snow here (although we do see some), I decided to go with a funny name and package them in individual sacks for each person to take.




As far as cookie recipes go, this is by far the easiest thing you will whip together. You literally just mix everything together, roll into balls and roll into the powdered sugar. Now of course if you want a more mild rum flavor, go with a different rum but if you want something that will put a little hair on your chest and will make your friends take notice, than stick with the 151. Trust me, they won't be forgetting these rum balls any time soon.




  • 1/2 c. Bacardi 151 rum
  • 1 box of vanilla wafers (about 2 1/2 cups crushed)
  • 1/4- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
  • 1 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
  • 2 1/2 Tbsp light corn syrup
  • powdered sugar for coating

  1. Grind the wafers into a crumb like consistency. 
  2. Mix all the ingredients together.
  3. Roll into balls. 
  4. Fill a shallow dish with powdered sugar for coating. Roll balls into powdered sugar.

1 comment:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Oh my goodness. Alright so I had no idea you did a cooking blog too! I love that! Darn having to run to work soon and not getting to poke around here. LOL

These look pretty yummy! Been a long time since I've had a rum ball.

~Anna