Woohoo! It's that time of year again which means I have a fun snack for our four legged kids! This year I've managed to obtain a dog who's owner didn't want him anymore. She literally said that about her dog when I tried to find out where his home was. So home with me he went in hopes that I could find him a forever home. However, it doesn't appear that he is going anywhere anytime soon and I must admit that I've grown attached to him. So needless to say I'm pretty stoked to have a puppy in the house for the Puppy Bowl. Last year I made the Turkey Jerky treats which the cats loved and this time I decided to make a cheesy treat that I saw on Pinterest (I love that site). Now obviously, cheese isn't the healthiest for our pets so don't go giving them a bowl of these treats but one or two are okay.
There really is no complaint from me over these treats. They are easy and fast to make and the batch makes a lot of treats. I do recommend that you keep them in an airtight bag and store them in the freezer. That way they don't spoil. And I have to admit, they don't taste too bad. Yes I was curious and ate one. They aren't as cheesy as I'd like but then again they aren't for me.
From The Spiffy Cookie
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 5 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- A few Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- While your oven is preheating, combine all the ingredients into dough. Add water by one tablespoon at a time until the dough sticks together.
- Knead the dough into a ball and then roll it out to 1/4-inch. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces and bake for 25 minutes on prepared cookie sheet. Let cool completely before giving to your pets.
This recipe is submitted in:
Weekend Wrap-Up Party