Parmesan Pumpkin & Spinach Quinoa

It's finally cooling down here (as much as So-Cal can cool down) and I'm loving it! I've been pulling out all of my fall favorites and looking for new ones to add to the list. This just so happens to be one of the new recipes I am adding to my must-have fall favorites. It was delicious and super easy to make. Plus, when you eat it you just feel like it's fall outside, whether you are looking at the beautiful leaves changing colors or at palm trees.



Did I mention that this was super easy to make? I made this within half an hour, transferred it to my slow-cooker, put it on the keep warm setting, and it was waiting for The Mister and I after our softball game. Plus, the leftovers are just as good when they are heated up. I'm pretty sure I devoured the leftovers in record timing. If you want something that's super healthy, hearty, and screams fall... than you have got to try this recipe.


 recipe adapted from ifoodreal

  • 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
  • 1 large onion, finely chopped
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 cups vegetable stock
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
  • 4 handfuls baby spinach leaves

  1. Cook quinoa as per package instructions and set aside.
  2. In the meanwhile, preheat large deep skillet on low - medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and garlic, saute until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add pumpkin puree, vegetable stock, pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes uncovered.
  3. Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Remove from heat and add quinoa and spinach. Stir gently to combine. Adjust thickness with extra chicken stock if desired. I like my quinoa saucy and hot. Because of Parmesan cheese, liquid separation with time is normal. Just give it a good stir. Serve hot.

No comments: