Review: Nescafe Memento


When Nescafe Memento first came out, the company offered a chance to try the instant coffee for free. Me being the type that drinks coffee on pretty much a daily basis decided to give it a shot. Not too long after, I received samples of the Nescafe Memento in Mocha and Caramel Latte in the mail. I will admit that I'm not a huge fan of instant coffee. So keep that in mind when reading my reviews.

 
Caramel- Good but too watered down. I measured the water  (yes I did) because I wanted to make sure I was getting what it was supposed to taste like. Now I like my coffee to taste like coffee. I drink espresso. So to me, it was more water with a sweet caramel coffee taste. It reminded me of my high school days when I would go to the local convenient store to buy a cup of caramel cappuccino from one of those coffee machines. I think it would have been a lot better if I'd added half water and half coffee to it. But then that defeats the whole purpose of the drink. I also didn't feel like it woke me up or gave me any energy boost.









Mocha- Again... not a lot of coffee flavor. This one tastes like watered down hot cocoa. It has a strong chocolate flavor to it which I think would be great when used with coffee instead of hot water like the package says.






 Conclusion- Great for adding flavor to your coffee but not good as a substitute. Maybe I'm just a coffee snob but it was too watered down. There was not enough coffee flavor to either taste good or give you that java jolt you're looking for in the morning. I actually ended up taking a nap after drinking the Mocha. It definitely did not give me the kick in the rear that you need when you're running low on energy.


No comments: