I love BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. When we moved to VA I was excited when I stumbled across a local diner that made the sandwiches along with really good coleslaw and sweet iced tea. There is nothing fancy to this recipe, no crazy ingredients and its not labor intensive. Just a simple crock-pot recipe to make delicious BBQ pulled pork every time. The BBQ sauce I use is actually the sauce my husband makes but any sauce you prefer is fine. I like the pineapple in it because it adds a sweetness to it that you don't normally expect in a sandwich. This recipe makes a lot but you can always use just a pound of meat. I used two pounds because I plan on making BBQ pork buns with the leftovers this weekend.
- 2 lbs country style boneless pork ribs, fat trimmed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. pineapple, chopped
- 1 c. BBQ sauce
- 8 rolls
- Throw in all of the ingredients except BBQ sauce into a large crock-pot set on low and cook for at least 8 hours.
- In the last hour dump out the fat from the crock-pot, add BBQ sauce and continue to cook for another hour.
This post is submitted in: