Cakes, Icing and Fondant... OH MY!


I am super excited to announce that I have signed up for the Wilton cake decorating class at Michaels today. As I have mentioned before, I am horrible with decorating cakes and cookies and I think I have only iced a handful of cookies in my life, so it will be nice to learn the ropes. The classes include not only cake decorating with icing and fondant but I will also be learning how to make flowers with icing and fondant, borders and basket weave not to mention that I also get to decorate cookies and cupcakes. So just a little heads up, expect to see my projects on the blog. I may have to omit the tragic looking ones if they are an eyesore but hopefully it won't be too bad. Gosh, I have ants in my pants, June needs to hurry up and get here already! The only down side to this is that once a week I will have a cake sitting in my house but I think I have a solution for that... "Honey, look at what I learned today!" He will have to take it to work so that it will be out of sight and out of mind for me.

I can picture it now, a bunch of marines sitting around eating a pretty flowered polka-dot cake...

1 comment:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

How fun! I can't decorate cakes at all either. I can't wait to see some of your delicious results!