I usually roast my asparagus with some salt and pepper and call it day but this time I decided to try something different. I saw this recipe over at Cafe Groenhout and decided to give it a try since I had all the ingredients at home. I loved the shallots on the asparagus, they added just enough flavor without over powering it.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 bunches fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the asparagus and shallots in a large bowl, and pour the olive oil and 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar over them. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly. Spread the asparagus spears out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender and bright green. Shake the pan about halfway through to roll the spears over so they cook evenly. Remove from the oven, and drizzle the remaining vinegar over the asparagus. Toss lightly to coat, and serve immediately.