Baileys Cheesecake

Holy Cannoli Recipes hit 1 years old on the 6th. I have been so busy lately that I totally forgot the day. I cannot believe that in one year the site has gained so many followers. Not to mention the fact that I have done over 100 posts as well, that is a lot of recipes. I started this blog to write down the recipes I had tried so that I could share them with friends and family. Then slowly I got sucked into the blogging world and here I am. I enjoy sharing recipes with you guys and I also love reading your recipes as well.

My first Holy Cannoli Recipes post was tiramisu cheesecake. I will admit that it wasn't the best picture in the world but I have since bought a better light bulb and have practiced taking pictures of food. So this year for my birthday I had a Baileys caramel Irish cream cheesecake. I asked for tiramisu but hubby couldn't find all the ingredients out here in the desert for it so he wound up making this which was equally delicious. You know this place isn't so bad but food wise, it is a nightmare.

You can taste the Baileys in this so if you do not like Baileys than I would suggest making this with another liqueur of your choosing. I however love Baileys so I really liked this cheesecake, which is good since it was my birthday cake. There has been so much to celebrate lately. I am really glad that I started blogging, it has definitely been fun.


  • 2 (12 ounce) package lady fingers
  • 4 tablespoons butter/margarine, melted
  • 4 tablespoons Baileys Irish cream
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages 1/3 less fat cream cheese
  • 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 (3 ounce) bar semisweet chocolate


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom of oven.
  2. Crush a package of ladyfingers to fine crumbs. Mix the melted butter into the crumbs. Moisten with 2 tablespoons of the Baileys. Press into an 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
  3. Chop a chocolate bar into small pieces and cover the crust with chocolate.
  4. Cut lady fingers into small medallions and place up against the side of the springform pan. (look at picture above)
  5. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until very smooth. Add 2 tablespoons Baileys, and mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix SLOWLY until just smooth. The consistency of the mascarpone can vary. If the cheesecake batter is too thick, add a little cream. Do not over mix at this point. Pour batter into crust.
  6. Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until just set. Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight, before serving.

This post is submitted in
Just Another Meatless Monday
Homemaker Monday
Motivate Me Monday
Made by You Monday
Letting the Creative Juices Flow

10 comments:

Indian Restaurant Fan said...

First of all let me congratulate you on the first anniversary of the blog, Mouth watering Cheese cakes ooh .

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I LOVE Bailys so I am quite sure that I would love this! Congrats on the one year!! LOTS of great recipes!

Unknown said...

That looks so good :) I will definitley try it soon!

Texasholly said...

Congrats! That looks heavenly!

Cafe Groenhout said...

Happy 1 Year, Holy Cannoli! :)

I've loved watching your blog evolve and branch out to all kinds of foods - from breads to cakes.

This looks SO good - can't wait to try it!

healy said...

These sound like a fabulous breakie!!

Joanne said...

Happy birthday and bloggiversary! One year is a HUGE accomplishment. Here's to many more!

I made a Bailey's cheesecake for my friend's birthday two years ago and it was fantastic. It was pre-blog though...I think I need to make it again!

Sweet And Crumby said...

So absolutely yummy looking. I think you may be on to something with the Baileys. Covering the crust with a chocolate bar is such a genius idea! :) I am a new blogger and it definitely has me hooked. Although I find myself dreaming, literally dreaming, about what I should bake next. Maybe I'm a little too intense. Do you do that?

Kristin said...

WOW!! Am I happy to have found you on MMM blog hop!

a) any bog with "cannoli" in the title is my new BFF. ;)

b) I cannot wait to try the Bailey's Cheesecake AND the Tiramisu Cheesecake!

I'm following you!
Kristin
Keenly Kristin

Beer Brewer said...

Cheese cake has always been my all time favorite and you have made it so easy for me now to binge it at home at the comfort of my couch