Now the the weather is finally cooling down here I have been making more and more fall time dishes. I love making dishes in the slow cooker because of how easy it is. I don't have to keep an eye on it, stir it or fuss over it the entire time that it is in there. So needless to say, when I can make a dish in the slow cooker I usually try to do it.
This is originally a non vegetarian dish with ground beef but I decided that I was going to make dinner meat free that night. I also wanted tortilla chips to go with the soup but did not have any on hand so I made my own chips. You can top this soup with whatever you would normally top your tacos with.
- 2 tortilla wraps
- oil for brushing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cut tortilla wraps into 8 triangles. Place on a baking sheet and brush both sides with the oil. Bake until lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 c. dried pinto beans
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- Soak and cook beans according to package; drain.
- Combine all the ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This post is submitted in