I was given Robin Takes 5 cookbook for review and let me tell you, so far the recipes have not disappointed. This was the first recipe from the cookbook that I have tried and it definitely started off on a good start. I love how not only do the recipes have 5 ingredients or less but they are 500 calories or less AND... all of the recipes are super quick and easy, making it perfect for the weekdays.
Now granted there is nothing "fancy" about this dinner. The simple fact alone that it was only 357 calories does it for me. I mean can it get any better than that? The chicken came out juicy and flavorful with the pepper jack cheese and I really liked the chipotle chips. Now I did change a couple of things from this recipe. I do not have garlic oil and I wasn't about to make my own garlic oil right before making dinner. So I just sprinkled a little bit of garlic powder into the oil. Also I lined a baking sheet with foil and put the chicken on that to bake instead. I don't know about you but I prefer an easy clean up.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 2 baking potatoes, sliced into 1/8inch thick slices
- 1 Tbsp. garlic flavored olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground chipotle powder
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange the chicken in the prepared pan and season the top with salt and pepper. Top the chicken with cheese.
- Combine the potato slices, oil and chipotle powder in a large bowl and toss to coat the potatoes. Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out to for an even layer. Season the top of the potatoes with salt. Bake the chicken and potatoes for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are golden brown. Serve the Chicken with the potato chips on the side.
This recipe is submitted in
Strut Your Stuff