Tiramisu Cheesecake Mini's




So I just recently hit my two year mark with Holy Cannoli Recipes! I would like to thank everyone who has stuck by my side through my 2 years of blogging. I know that I have not been on a lot recently. I was on vacation for a little bit for my birthday and started working part time, so I have been a little stressed on time. However, I have stocked up quite a few recipes for posting and cannot wait to share them with you. But first I would like to revisit my first post on HCR which was the Tiramisu Cheesecake.



This year for my birthday, I asked for tiramisu cheesecake again but since the Mr. and I were going on vacation with my mother and best friend, the Mr. thought it would be best to make cupcake versions for easier storage in the cooler. We looked all over for the coffee flavored mascarpone cheese but they don't sell it out here so the Mr. made a very strong cup of coffee and added that to the cheese.



  • 2 (12 ounce) package lady fingers
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 4 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur (used caramel Bailey’s)
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (the cake above was 2 low fat and 1 fat free)
  • 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 (3 ounce) bar of cappuccino chocolate, semisweet chocolate, or your favorite kind of chocolate (If you want a thicker layer of chocolate between the crust and cheese cake you will need more)
  • ½ cup brewed coffee

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a pan of water on the bottom of oven.
  2. Line cupcake tin with liners
  3. Crush a package of ladyfingers to fine crumbs (soft lady fingers need to be toasted 10-15 min, careful not to burn). Mix the melted butter into the crumbs. Moisten with 2 tablespoons of the coffee liqueur. Press 12 cupcake tin liners with mixture.
  4. grate a chocolate bar into fine pieces and cover the crust in liners with chocolate.
  5. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mascarpone, ½ cup of coffee and sugar until very smooth. Add 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur, and mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix SLOWLY until just smooth. The consistency of the mascarpone can vary. If the cheesecake batter is too thick, add a little cream. Do not overmix at this point. Pour batter into cupcake tin.
  6. Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until set. Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight, before serving.
  7. Before serving shave the remaining chocolate over the top until you are happy with the look. Chocolate covered coffee beans may be used as a garnish on top.
Makes about 30 cupcakes.



This post is submitted in
Just Another Meatless Monday
Homemaker Monday
Market Yourself Monday

1 comment:

Bo said...

Congrats on 2 years...Tiramisu cupcakes sound fun.