I received an email the other day from Chef Jeff who is the author of the cookbook DinneRevolution. The cookbook contains over 200 healthy recipes that have 10 ingredients or less. I like that it has a wide selection of poultry, beef, pork, seafood, vegetarian and side dish recipes. The ingredients are easy to find in your local grocery store and the directions are easy to follow. There is also the nutrient facts at the bottom of each recipe. So if you are counting calories or just watching what you eat in general, this cookbook won't leave you guessing. I have only made one thing from this cookbook so far and both the Mr. and I loved it.
I don't know what it is but lately I have been on a blue cheese and hot sauce kick. So the second I saw this recipe I called up the Mr. and told him to pick up a pound of ground poultry on his way home from work. It took no time to throw it together and the ending result was pretty tasty. We did add more hot sauce when we were eating it, so the next time I make it I think I will use more hot sauce but other than that, this recipe was delicious. One thing I should add is that pretty much every recipe in this cookbook uses the no salt seasoning. I just used one of my empty spice containers and put the seasoning in there. I didn't have any lemon peel on hand but I will go out and get it soon and add it in. It is a nice spice blend to have on hand.
All Purpose No Salt Seasoning
- 1 1/2 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP thyme leaves
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TBSP paprika
- 1/2 TBSP celery seed
- 1 TBSP white pepper
- 1 TBSP dry mustard
- 1 TBSP dried lemon peel
- 1 TBSP ground black pepper
- Mix together and store in a tight fitting container
Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese Meatloaf
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound Ground Turkey/Chicken
- 1/2 c. Egg Substitute or 1 whole egg
- 1/4 c. Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 c. crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1/2 c. sliced Green Onion
- 1 TBSP All Purpose Seasoning, no salt
- 1 TBSP Hot Sauce
- 1/4 c. Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 c. Ketchup
- 1 TBSP Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In large bowl mix together the ground turkey, egg, bread crumbs, blue cheese, green onion, and seasoning, pat mixture to a loaf and place on a baking sheet.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Internal temperature should be 160 degrees.
saturated fat; 17 grams carbohydrates; 33 mgs cholesterol; 949 mgs sodium
This post is submitted in
Real Food Wednesday
★ ☆Everyone wins! All you need to do it enter and leave your email address and I will email you the link to download your free cookbook. This giveaway is open internationally to all of my followers. ★ ☆