I had to change it up some since I couldn't find sun dried tomatoes that were not packed in oil. If you have the same problem as me, just buy the oil packed and put your sun dried tomatoes between paper towels to help soak up some of the oil. I also didn't have fresh marjoram on hand but I had the dried stuff. So I used 2 teaspoons of dried marjoram for the sauce. The next time that I make this I will make double the sauce, it didn't seem like quite enough to me but my husband and mother liked it as is.
- 8 oz. orzo
- 1 C water
- 1/2 C chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed), divided
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3 tsp chopped fresh marjoram, divided
- 1 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp plus 1 tbsp EVOO, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 C finely shredded Romano cheese, divided
- Cook orzo in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender, 8 to 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Meanwhile, place water, 1/4 C sun-dried tomatoes, plum tomato, garlic, 2 tsp marjoram, vinegar and 2 tsp oil in a blender. Blend until just a few chunks remain.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning, until golden outside and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Set aside 1/2 C of the tomato mix. Pour the rest into the pan and bring to a boil. Add the remaining 1/4 C sun-dried tomatoes to the pan along with the orzo and 6 tbsp cheese. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Divide among 4 plates.
- Slice the chicken. Top each portion of pasta with sliced chicken, 2 tbsp of the reserved tomato mix and a sprinkling of the remaining cheese and marjoram.
This post is submitted in:
What's on the Menu Wednesday
Whatcha Got Cooking Wednesday
Make It From Scratch
Show Off Your Stuff
Presto Pasta Nights