Sea Bass with Honeyed Apples


 I really wish I had some amazing photos of this to show you guys because it was amazing! I'm not a huge fish person but after a recent trip where I spent $30 on a salmon dish because I was unsure of the other fish on the menu, I've started experimenting. The commissary had sea bass and of course being me, I grabbed it, went home and then started searching up recipes. Since I'm not a big fish person, I wanted to make something more than just grilled sea bass. I definitely found it on AllRecipes.


Now even though it may not look pretty it really did taste good. For those who've never had sea bass it is very mild tasting. My husband said the flavor reminded him of fish sticks. However, when paired with the sweet honeyed apples, you really weren't paying attention to the fish flavor at all. This recipe was not difficult to make and I did substitute half of the bread crumbs with panko since I prefer the crunchiness of panko but if you don't have panko, you can use 2 cups of bread crumbs.


  • 4 apples - peeled, cored and cut into thin wedges
  • 1/2 cup margarine, divided
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 cups dried bread crumbs
  • 1 cup panko
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 4 (6 ounce) fillets sea bass

  1. Melt 1/4 cup of the margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the apples in margarine until tender. Stir in honey, reduce heat, and keep warm.
  2. In a shallow bowl, mix together flour, salt, and pepper. Mix panko and bread crumbs in another shallow bowl, and egg in a third bowl.
  3. Melt the remaining 1/4 cup margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Dredge the fish in the seasoned flour, dip in egg, then coat with bread crumbs. Place the coated fillets in the hot skillet, and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. The fillets should be nicely browned, and they should flake easily with a fork. Place fish on a serving dish, and spoon the apples with honey over the top of each fillet.


This post is submitted in
Recipe Box
Real Food Wednesday

No comments: