Cucumber Sandwiches III


This year I celebrated my little guy's 2 year birthday/1 year adoption. He's obsessed with his squeaky alligator toy. No, he's seriously obsessed. He will walk around the house prancing around wagging his butt in the air while he squeaks his favorite toy. Okay, maybe I should take a minute to explain that my handsome boy is a dog. HaHa.



But seriously, he loves his "Gators". So much so that I decided to throw a puppy party with an alligator theme. One of the gator themed items of the night were the sandwiches. Now granted, the sandwiches are shaped as dogs and stegosauruses but lets use our imagination here. I didn't have an alligator cookie cutter and even though I don't have gator cutters, I apparently have stegosaurus cutters... go figure. You obviously don't have to cut your sandwiches into "gator" shapes in order for this recipe to turn out. In fact, you could probably serve this on an old shoe and it'd still taste good. I will be honest that I was a bit worried with having mayo in my cucumber sandwich (not a big mayo fan) but by golly miss Molly, they were amazingly delicious!


Recipe adapted from AllRecipes

  • 1 (8 oz) package of low fat cream cheese
  • 1/2 c. low fat mayonnaise
  • 1 (.7 oz) packet of dry Italian salad dressing mix
  • 2 medium cucumbers, peeled & sliced
  • dried dill
  • 1 loaf of bread

  1. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and Italian dressing mix. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
  2. Spread the cream cheese blend onto the slices of bread. Top with cucumber slices, and sprinkle with dill, top with another slice of bread. You can make as many or few as you like. the cream cheese mixture keeps for about a week in the refrigerator so you can make them over and over again!

Trifecta's Gator Party (To get the full list of goodies)

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love LOVE that you threw your dog a party. You are my dream pet parent. :)

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

HaHa. Thanks, Kara. :)