Trifecta's Gator Party



So you may have seen this handsome fella in previous posts but I'd like you all to meet the latest member of our family, Trifecta. He's a dog that we rescued a year ago from a neighbor who opened her gate and let him run off into the desert claiming that she didn't want him anymore. Since we've always been a cat family until recently, I decided to throw him a birthday party (2 yrs old)/ 1 year adoption party.


(That would be my pup pre-gaming while I tried setting everything up)
Since it's still really hot here in the desert, I decided to make a frozen treat for the pups. I took a tupperware container, filled it 3/4 of the way to the top with beef broth and an apple that was peeled and chopped. I then placed half of a dog rope into the tupperware making sure the other half stood out of the liquid and placed it in the freezer overnight. Before the attendees showed up, I let the tupperware sit out for about 5 minutes until it thawed enough to pull the frozen treat free and then strung them up on my bird feeder hanger.



As you can see, it was a pretty big hit. The second it melted down enough to get the apples, these two went crazy trying to bite off as many apples as they could.


Due to the dogs running around and kicking up sand, the human food went inside but I kept out the pup treats which consisted of mason jars filled with rawhide sticks (the humans had mason jars filled with pretzel rods), I used a dehydrator and to make sweet potato chips (sliced a sweet potato into thin rounds and placed in a dehydrator until crispy), whereas the humans had normal potato chips and I also made lemonade and added a couple of drops of blue food coloring so that it resembled toilet bowl water.

A few things that I made that I actually have recipes for are:
Grain-Free Peanut Butter Apple Pupcakes
Sunshine Cupcakes (for the humans)
Cucumber Sandwiches
Swamp Water


No comments: