Ever make something that was so incredibly adorable that you didn't want to eat it? Well that's exactly what happened when I made these pupcakes. The second I put the mini dog bones on top I knew everyone was going to love them. I'm pretty sure I squealed, which resulted in the Mr. looking at me like I had lost my mind.
I got the pupcake recipe from Spoonful of Sugar Free and came up with the frosting myself with what I had on hand. The mini dog bones come from my friend SJP who'd recently made a batch of dog bones. I'll be honest this worked out perfectly. I had been looking up recipes all day when I came across this grain-free recipe and then everything else just fell into place. I even served the pupcakes with the Frozen Yogurt Treats that I had made a while back.
- 1/2 c. plain fat free yogurt
- 1/2 c. powdered peanut butter
- Mix together until creamy. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- Mix all ingredients together (except for dog bone) until smooth.
- Grease muffin tin. Fill with batter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for a couple minutes, and then slide the cake out of the baking container. Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- Frost pupcakes with frosting and top with dog bone.
This recipe is linked to
RBF Foodie Friday
SL&E Foodie Friday