Grain-Free Peanut Butter Apple Pupcakes




Ever make something that was so incredibly adorable that you didn't want to eat it? Well that's exactly what happened when I made these pupcakes. The second I put the mini dog bones on top I knew everyone was going to love them. I'm pretty sure I squealed, which resulted in the Mr. looking at me like I had lost my mind.


I got the pupcake recipe from Spoonful of Sugar Free and came up with the frosting myself with what I had on hand. The mini dog bones come from my friend SJP who'd recently made a batch of dog bones. I'll be honest this worked out perfectly. I had been looking up recipes all day when I came across this grain-free recipe and then everything else just fell into place. I even served the pupcakes with the Frozen Yogurt Treats that I had made a while back.


Frosting:
  • 1/2 c. plain fat free yogurt
  • 1/2 c. powdered peanut butter
  1. Mix together until creamy. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.


Pupcakes:



  • 2 egg
  • 1/3 c. peanut butter
  • 1 apple, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • small dog bones

    1. Preheat oven to 350°f.
    2. Mix all ingredients together (except for dog bone) until smooth.
    3. Grease muffin tin. Fill with batter.
    4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
    5. Let cool for a couple minutes, and then slide the cake out of the baking container. Cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
    6. Frost pupcakes with frosting and top with dog bone.

    Visit Trifecta's Gator Party to get the full list of goodies.

    This recipe is linked to 
    RBF Foodie Friday
    Friday Favorites 
    SL&E Foodie Friday

    1 comment:

    Diane Balch said...

    Great looking pupcakes... my dog loves peanut butter. Thanks for sharing this with us on foodie friday.